Professional Education DIR-FCD™ Model Certificate Level 1 in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development (CL1-EDU)
The Profectum Education Certificate Course is a 10-month online program for teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals and related service providers working in school settings who want to integrate the Profectum DIR-FCD™ school model into their practice. This 21st century school model for students with autism and other special needs is a progressive, interdisciplinary model based on the latest neuroscience and research in education and developmental disorders. A systematic curriculum provides the theoretical knowledge and applied educational and clinical foundations for integrating dynamic educational programs that meet the individual needs of students into any school settings. Weekly webcasts build knowledge and skills in a variety of instructional areas via lecture and classroom video examples. This intensive 10-month program offers a combination of required webcast courses, online interactive class participation, and reflective tutoring.
*DIR® – Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship Based Intervention and the FCD™ – Foundational Capacities for Development
Goals and Objectives
You will gain knowledge about:
- The components of the DIR-FCD™ model and how this is applied in a 21st century school for students with diverse needs, including autistic spectrum disorders
- The individual sensory-motor, visual-spatial profiles of students with diverse needs and how this profile impacts development and learning in the classroom
- The practical application, best practices, principles and strategies for maximizing progress in students with diverse needs
- Leadership practices that promote respect for and presumed competence in students and how to train and empower staff
- How to infuse the 21st century school model into existing schools and how to integrate different intervention approaches
- The role of mental health professionals, related service providers and the creative arts in the 21st Century School model
- The hidden meaning behind behavior and what the student may really be communicating
- How maximizing communication in the classroom realizes higher levels of intelligence, self-esteem, participation, peer relationships and overall success
- How fostering relationships, community and global connections allows the student with diverse needs to generalize abilities beyond the school setting
- The long-term outcome of students who have had access to the 21st Century School model
Criteria to Take this Course
You must be an education professional currently working in the field of speech and language, occupational or physical therapy, education, mental health (psychology, social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy), medicine, developmental optometry or the creative arts. If you are a professional working in another discipline, we welcome you to help us broaden our work!
You must have access to a minimum of two to three cases (children or adults with a developmental disability) throughout the course.
The attendance of a Profectum conference or completion of one of our introductory courses is recommended, but is not a requirement.
This 10-month course is organized into three units consisting of webcast lectures, online group discussions and reflective tutoring along with participant case presentations and feedback.
Tuition for the 10-month CL1-EDU Certificate Course is $2500. Payment options:
- In full for all three units
- Per unit prior to the start of each unit
- Unit 1 & 2 $850
- Unit 3 $800
Recurring automatic monthly credit card payments of $250/month are an option. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The following discounts may be available:
- Profectum Member
- Group Discount
Course Completion Requirements
The following criteria must be met in order to acquire a certificate at the end of this course. These criteria should be monitored (record notes) throughout the course:
- Attendance of 80% or better*
- No more than 2 absences to the online classes over the duration of the course
- No more than 2 absences to tutoring sessions over the duration of the course
- *Any missed classes or tutoring groups are expected to be viewed via Zoom recording and impressions and comments shared with the group in writing
- Contributes to online classes
- Uses technology as required by instructors
- Camera is on for class
- Uses the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Presentation of a minimum of 3 children over the duration of the course
- + in tutoring
- 1 for final vignette
To make our training available to as broad a group as possible regardless of geography or time zones, Profectum uses video streaming and video conferencing as our standard technology tools. The course relies on you watching webcasts on your own and joining class discussions using video conferencing. You will need a relatively modern PC/MAC and modern broadband internet access. While Wi-fi can work if your home/office has excellent connectivity, a wired internet connection to your PC/MAC is highly recommended.